Mixer microsoft account authentication not working

DevArts
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Mixer microsoft account authentication not working

Postby DevArts » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:41 pm

Hey,

Trying to reconnect my bot after a fresh install and all I get is a spinning circle. The bot account is a Microsoft account, as soon as I click on "log in with Microsoft" all I see is what is in the image attached.

Thanks,
Dev
Attachments
Screenshot_4.jpg
Screenshot_4.jpg (223.7 KiB) Viewed 579 times
Streak189
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: Mixer microsoft account authentication not working

Postby Streak189 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:29 pm

Same problem I am having I cant authenticate at all I am so confused cuz all the guides show something completely different
cykotiq
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Postby cykotiq » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:43 pm

Streak189 wrote:Same problem I am having I cant authenticate at all I am so confused cuz all the guides show something completely different

the guides are still showing the old authentication method. recently scorpio has improved it so you no longer need to use an external browser and copy/paste the token, you just type your username and password into the window that pops up in scorpbot

as for microsoft account authentication I'm not sure why it wouldn't work, but I'll ask scorpio (the bot dev) what could be happening
http://scorpstuff.com - Easy to use commands to add functionality and fun to your chat
Official Scorpbot Discord Server - Live 24/7 community support chat
cykotiq
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Postby cykotiq » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:48 pm

ok, so i talked to scorpio and he wants to know if you are able to log into mixer directly from IE, also do you have any popup blockers installed?

I did get it to work myself, using microsoft login, so maybe try the latest alpha version from discord
http://scorpstuff.com - Easy to use commands to add functionality and fun to your chat
Streak189
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Postby Streak189 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:03 pm

I had this problem only after disabling IE. It appears it will only work with IE thats the only thing I can think of.
cykotiq
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Postby cykotiq » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:42 pm

Thanks for the info, i'll pass it on to scorpio and hopefully there is a way around it. I didn't even know it was possible to disable IE
Scorpio
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Scorpio » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:35 pm

I'm working on a way to have the microsoft login popup within the bot itself rather than an external IE window
LoyalVonJoni
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Postby LoyalVonJoni » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:13 am

I have the same problem after the update that my bot won't connect to mixer chat and I have reinstalled scorpbot and still doesn't work. I have literally done everything I can to get it to work... I really like scorpbot so it would cool to get it working....
cykotiq
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Postby cykotiq » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:00 pm

LoyalVonJoni wrote:I have the same problem after the update that my bot won't connect to mixer chat and I have reinstalled scorpbot and still doesn't work. I have literally done everything I can to get it to work... I really like scorpbot so it would cool to get it working....

Try the latest alpha from discord. Just take care that you are authing the right accounts, and not the same one twice
AnnihilatorGamer
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Postby AnnihilatorGamer » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:48 am

I click on the Authentication bit and it comes up with a blank screen where twitch comes up straight away
cykotiq
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Postby cykotiq » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:10 pm

AnnihilatorGamer wrote:I click on the Authentication bit and it comes up with a blank screen where twitch comes up straight away

what version of internet explorer do you have installed. you probably need to upgrade.
Toryab
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Postby Toryab » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 am

My mixer bot will not authenticate, I have repeatedly connected it and it opened a new window and I licked allow. Then it tells me to exit out of the window, so I do. Then nothing else happens. Please help I’m getting annoyed I just wanna set up my stream

Return to “Bug Reports”