Game idea?

For any questions and tips about using and running ScorpBot
Pixellette
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Game idea?

Postby Pixellette » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:33 am

So I've had this idea for a chat game in my stream for awhile now but I cannot figure out for the life of me how to get it to work.. I feel like it should be possible.. Or very almost, anyway.

Anyway it is D&D inspired.
A Timer sets off an "Encounter" every so often that rolls a random 'monster' which has an AC of up to 20.
It then also tells viewers they can "defend the stream from it by typing !Defend" and activates the "defend" command somehow.
I'm currently thinking each monster would have a slightly different "defend" command so that the AC could change... But that's not necessary.

Then they obviously use the !Defend command which rolls a 1d20 (randnum(1,20)).
If they role higher than the AC then they win an amount of stream currency and it deactivates the Encounter.
If they fail then people can keep trying to beat it till someone succeeds.

I think I could get this to work if I could find a way to enable and disable commands from a command (Timer: Encounter enables !Defend command. a success on the $randnum/$if disables the !Defend command again) but I can't see how? I wondered if it could be done using the pre-existing !randnum game but I couldn't figure out how to change the reponses Scorpbot gives for starting the game and announcing the winner.
Maybe its just not (currently) do-able.. But if it is in some way I'd love to get this working...
cykotiq
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Game idea?

Postby cykotiq » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:21 pm

the forums are pretty much dead. you will have better luck on the scorpbot discord
http://scorpstuff.com - Easy to use commands to add functionality and fun to your chat
Official Scorpbot Discord Server - Live 24/7 community support chat

Return to “Questions and Tips”